Nevada DMV Online Vehicle Registration

Congratulations on the purchase of your vehicle! You may be able to skip the line at the DMV by registering online. You can transfer your current license plates or get new standard license plates through the mail. It’s quick, easy, and best of all, no lines!

Your vehicle will be registered after the successful completion of this transaction. Please be sure you have a printer available, as you will need to print documents. The Certificate of Registration and decal will be mailed within two business days. If you are getting new license plates, they will be mailed separately within 10 business days.

We mail to the address listed on your Dealer Report of Sale (DRS). If the address on your DRS is incorrect, you must register in person at a full service DMV office.

Because the Online Registration is fully automated, there are limitations on using this service.


To begin, please enter the entire Control Number located on the upper right-hand side of the DRS (include the letter that is in front of the numbers). Next enter the last four characters of the vehicle identification number (VIN), and then select Submit.

EDRS #: ?
Last 4 of VIN:


Credit cards logo

Now you can use an electronic check to pay your fees and have the money come directly from your checking or savings account. You can also use a Valid Credit/Debit card.


This web site uses industry-standard SSL encryption to protect your privacy online. Secure pages are marked by the lock symbol near the bottom of your screen.  We hope you will take advantage of the convenience DMV Online Services offer with complete confidence in their security. See the Nevada Internet Privacy Policy.

If any of the following conditions apply, you will have to visit a full service DMV office to register your vehicle.

  • You are an individual and the EDRS form does not include your Nevada Driver’s License Number (DLN), or the number is incorrect.
  • You are a business and the EDRS form does not include your FEIN, or the number is incorrect.
  • Your name is misspelled.
  • You need to change your address.
  • You want to use an exemption such as tribal or farmer/rancher.
  • You want new personalized or specialty license plates.
  • You wish to transfer certain license plate styles such as antique or classic vehicles.
  • You wish to use credits other than a credit on the license plates being transferred.
  • Your vehicle is a motor-home or a trailer.
  • Your physical address on your Nevada DLN, or on file with the DMV, is in Clark or Washoe County and you want to base your vehicle in a different county.
  • You are currently in Revenue Recovery, have an Insurance Verification sanction, or have parking tickets.
  • The gross vehicle weight rating of the vehicle is 26,001 pounds or more.
  • Your vehicle is a moped.

If you are transferring license plates from your old vehicle, you will need your current Certificate of Registration. Please have this ready before you begin. The registration on your old vehicle will be immediately surrendered. Any credits from license plates being transferred will be applied to the new registration. The name on the current registration must match the name on the DRS. Certain license plate styles such as Classic Vehicle and Professional Firefighter cannot be transferred online. If you decide to obtain new standard license plates and have credits with the DMV; you must go into a full service DMV office if you wish to use those credits.

The following license plate types cannot be transferred:

  • Antique Truck/Tractor
  • Amateur Radio
  • Classic Rod
  • Classic Vehicle
  • Consular Corp
  • Exempt Vehicle
  • Exempt Motorcycle
  • Fire Truck
  • Horseless Carriage
  • Manufactured Housing
  • Motor Carrier
  • Old Timer
  • Old Timer Motorcycle
  • Professional Firefighter
  • Street Rod
  • Vintage
  • Trailer license plates cannot be transferred.
  • Motorcycle license plates can only be transferred to another motorcycle. These plates cannot be transferred to another vehicle type using the online registration feature.